.

December 31, 2022

2022 Yearender: What a Busy Year in Real Life!


Hey, it's almost 2023! 2022 is a very, very busy year, it's rarely lazy and boring. So how about a recap?

2022 RECAP

The start of 2022 for me really sucks, because I got the COOF exactly on New Year's Eve! I got the positive test result after 5 days. And after the coof, I got sick with random ailments every first day of the month, which is really freakishly weird. Those first day of the month sickness ended in April 2022.

We had the Philippine Presidential elections this year. While the candidate I voted for didn't win, I still have high hopes for our currently elected President. He's doing his job well so good for him, for us and our country.

I proposed to my fiancée in the mid year while we're on vacation in her hometown in Southern Leyte and Dinagat Island. So I'm getting married, WOOHOO!

We mostly travel this year. We went to Southern Leyte and Dinagat Island as I mentioned earlier. We also went to Padre Pio Shrine, Tagaytay, Caleruega (Batangas) and La Union. We also went to some places but most of them are errands and other things to do so I didn't post those events.

And lastly my female cat, Umbro passed away because of birth complications, She and her unborn kittens didn't survive. I got depressed and so is my other cat, Kuro. Now me and my cat are fine. I think Umbro and her kittens are now happy in heaven.

2022 BLOG RECAP

This year I only reviewed 8 toys. Again, fewer than last year. It's gonna be fewer in the first half of the year and I hope I can buy more stuff to review in the later half of 2023. But I still have been a bit more productive in posting blog entries this year compared to last year with 45 posts (counting this one) vs. 35.

Play Arts Kai action figures are expensive that I can't buy one. But this year I reviewed a couple of "bootleg?" or rejected PAK figures of Cloud ver. 2 and Sephiroth from the Final Fantasy VII Remake. These bootleg figures look so good that they can pass as authentic figures, and makes me think that these are not bootlegs but factory rejects that are repackaged as KOs. It made me wish that there are more excellent quality PAK bootlegs or factory rejects like these two so that I can buy, review and add them to my collection without killing my wallet.

I reviewed 4 McFarlane Toys action figures and they came from the movie "The Suicide Squad". They're good quality toys that have awesome detail but lacks some additional paint, and shadings. I got the 4 figures, Bloodsport, Harley Quinn, Polka-dot Man and Peacemaker. Those 4 didn't come with the King Shark CTB parts but they're cheaper. I still don't have King Shark and I'm still looking for that figure so that I can complete the set. It's disappointing that they didn't continue the line. I want to have Rick Flag and Rat Catcher 2.

As for artsy stuff, I made a photo edit for PAK Tifa (FFVII Remake). I also made 4 sketches this year. I made a partial and close-up sketch of my Poison Ivy fan art. Same for my original character, Red Hooded Huntress, she also got a partial and close-up sketch.

This is the year that I once again reviewed static figures. I reviewed the Espresto figures of Tatumaki and Fubuki. I'll say I'm quite happy to have these two static figures. They look good and they're cheap.

See the pattern here? All these figures that I reviewed this year are cheap. So I think the word of the year when it comes to toys is the word "Cheap".

On October 15, 2022, this blog turned 10. I made a post that shows a timeline of the significant stuff that happened in this blog. I also posted an update on my Play Arts Kai collection as a super late birthday present for this blog. I still can't believe that this blog is a decade old now.

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN IN 2023?

When it comes to this blog: I promise that I will post new blog entries and I will try to do more variety. But some of the awesome ideas in my brain won't happen just yet because we are currently preparing for our wedding. We're getting married in 2023.

Hopefully after the wedding I can post more toy reviews, travel photos and possibly do more artwork. I'm currently waiting for my Galaxy S Pen for my S21 Ultra. I will be drawing my digital artwork on my smartphone soon.

The world is getting used to the pandemic and it's slowly getting back to normal. But I feel that some of the countries are currently unstable. And yes, China is having those super Covid coof surge once again just like in 2019. I hope that our countries learned this hard lesson and get the pre-emptive strike on Covid-19 and prevent further spread of this virus by not letting in anyone that came from the country that have a coof surge. I also hope that no catastrophe will happen to the world next year.

So, goodbye 2022 and hello 2023! Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.