.

February 21, 2017

New York Toy Fair 2017: Part 4 - DC Variant Play Arts Kai Action Figures


I think this is the last post of my NYTF 2017 blog series (unless something new came up) and I saved, in my opinion, the best for last. As you can see on the title, this post is about the DC Variant Play Arts Kai action figures.


UPDATE: Release dates added!

Photos from Toyark.com

Harley Quinn taking care of, what it seems to be a sick and old, Joker.
We finally get a glimpse of the painted prototypes of Tetsuya Nomura's version of the Joker and the new Harley Quinn action figure of whom I predicted and wished to be made and makes me glad that it came true.

The Joker (old and on a wheel chair look)
The Joker looks pretty good especially when painted. The painted prototype is sitting on a wheel chair and uses the old Joker head sculpt. This variant Joker have six extra alternative head sculpts.

Harley Quinn (nurse look)
Nomura's Harley Quinn design looks good, I like it. The design falls on the weird but sexy category. She also looks eerily similar to variant Hatsune Miku.

The Joker (standing pose mode)
Now the fun part about these two evil jokesters is that they can "transform", like change their look by swapping accessories and in Jokers case, transform the wheelchair into what it seems to look like mechanical arms. If you don't believe me, just check out the gray prototypes of Joker and Harley they look very different than the painted prototypes.

Harley Quinn ("Criminal" version)
Harley have two forms which I named "Nurse" and "Criminal". I'm not sure, but as I see it, Harley have an alternate headsculpt, alternate chest piece, a gun, extra left/right arms and legs.

I'm definitely picking these two! I'm so excited to have them on my mitts. Dang it! I'm still looking for Nomura's version of Batman.

UPDATE: The Joker's release is around September 2017. Harley Quin is available around October 2017

So what do you guys think? Interested on SQEX's new PAK action figures displayed on New York Toy Fair 2016?

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.