.

September 30, 2013

[Toy News] Play Arts Kai Getting Bigger and More Expensive

Hey! I've been wandering in the internet lately searching for latest Play Arts Kai news and releases. And what I saw changes my collecting pattern.


I don't need to complete the whole Advent Children Play Arts line of figures. Just vol. 2 because I only need Yuffie to complete it. As you can see, the new Advent Children PAK re-launch is now available. And I saw some size comparison between the classic PA to PAK. I think they're 2 inches taller than the old one. I'm ok with that if they will continue to release them in this scale forever. Square-Enix, don't mess the scaling again... remember the FFXIII figs (volume 2 is smaller than volume 1)?

I planning to buy the new PAK versions of Advent Children characters (and the future Final Fantasy figs). Darn it! I will buy another Kadaj and Reno PAKs if they're also having a PAK treatment.

What I don't like is that they're getting more expensive (especially that new Lightning figure). This is a bit of a rant because they're upping the price yet the quality of the mass-produced figures is not really that good. It's still at the level of the recent PAKs and still needed to be modded for exact accuracy and durability. Plus they still don't have enough accessories to match the expensive price. Don't tell me that they're expensive because they included the display stand, that's bull! Still, I have to admit the finished product of these PAKs is much better than the old PAs and still they're worth it to be bought.

Advent Children PAK is the start where Square-Enix applies their new standard scaling to their FF figures. Lightning Returns: FFXIII and FFX are also rumored to be bigger as seen on the pictures at the Square-Enix booths in recent toy/game conventions/expos and forums

Oh yeah! It is also rumored that Barret and Cid PAK figures are being made for the first time! Imagine how huge Barret will be! This will complete the FFVII party if it's also true that Aerith PAK is confirmed to be made. Hey Square-Enix, while you're at it, make the Aya Brea PAK :D

I feel that they're going to make FFXII PAKs too, I hope that's just a feeling.

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

2 comments:

  1. I been trying to collect the DC variant but the price especially the batman and wonder women figures I been checking so many site and they are mostly all sold out then I went to Ebay and Amazon and these people charge these figure over 170-300$ are they insane I wish Square Enix can make more so no one is force to pay collector price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah older DC Variant PAK figures are hard to find these days but $300 collector price is way too high. $150 or a bit lower or higher than that is acceptable.

      Delete

.