.

October 09, 2013

I'm Still Over The Fence On Buying Figmas


I'm always thinking on expanding my collection on trying new brands and one of them is Max Factory's Figma line of action figures. And yet I'm still debating myself on getting some of these figures or not...
My main reason why I'm on the fence on buying them is that most of them are female characters. Now I like to buy female figures for drawing purposes, but I want a good balance between male and female figures.

Next reason is the pricing, It's expensive for its small size (some PA's and PAK's are cheaper than Figmas and they're bigger), but it provides good amount of accessories. And I think they're too fragile... but we'll see.

And lastly there are bootleg versions (at least to the popular ones like Haruhi Suzumiya and Evangelion characters). This is common to action figures actually, and they're easy to spot. Even Figma noobs can spot the difference between authentic and fakes.

For those who are wondering on what Figmas should I buy... By all means, here are the characters on my hitlist:

- Robocop
- Link (Skyward Sword)
- Michael Jackson (Thriller)
- Samus Aran (Metroid Other M)
- All K-on! characters: Yui, Mio, Ritsu, Tsumugi and Azusa. Nodoka is a plus (The most interesting part here is their musical instruments)
- Henrieta
- Spideman

- Plus more random characters... and for the heck of it... Egashira. That figure is hilarious

Well I'll let you know if I bought one Figma figure :D

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

2 comments:

  1. I was like you too a month ago, fiddling my fingers on the fence. I have just pre-ordered 2 figma which will arrive somewhere next Feb (lol in a loooong time), I will let you know how good they can be. I bought a Mikasa and Eren from Attack on Titans. They are about $45 + shipping. I like it for the characters' fine weaponry. The figma and PAK would have been comparable if only PAK's price hadn't skyrocketed lately. I hope to see more interesting figures coming out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hear that [Attack On Titan] is cool. I'm gonna watch it :D. 1 thing I fear most on figmas is that I might break them, I don't know my strength lol. Yes, please let me know how great these figmas are. Help me decide :D

      Delete

.