.

September 17, 2016

Tokyo Game Show 2016 Play Arts Kai Report


It's obvious SQEX will show some Play Arts Kai figures on Tokyo Game Show 2016. What's new is that they only displayed one new gray prototype and some newly colored versions of the other PAK figs that were displayed in SDCC 2016. Want to see the new prototype and the colored prototypes, well click that "Read more"! :D

I will put some links from my SDCC 2016 post, because the figs in TGS 2016 is the same figs displayed in SDCC 2016. In this post, I will only show the newly displayed prototype and the colored prototypes.

Photos from Toyark.com. For more TGS 2016 Play Arts Kai photos, check the site out.
 
Now on to TGS 2016 PAK display! First I will show Gear of War's Marcus Fenix, now in color.

Marcus Fenix, the muscle covered in armor.
I may not be a fan of Gears of War, but this figure is looking pretty good (and probably ridiculously expensive!) If you're a fan of the game and Mr. Fenix and have the cash to spare then probably you'll want this.

This bub looks really angry.
Next one is Marvel's Wolverine (Variant) also now in color. Wow he looks pretty cool, but I'm still concerned about his scaling, I still want this guy to be shorter than the other PAK figs, shorter than 10 inches, around 9 inches perhaps? I want to see a colored Deadpool as well, but the Deadpool displayed is the same gray prototype.

Roxas in his cool dark raincoat
The Kingdom Hearts PAK line doesn't have anything new, but they displayed a colored prototype of Roxas in his Organization XIII coat. His face doesn't look derpy-ish like the normal attire version which I will not pick up thanks to this newer version.

Now this is a new prototype, he's a character from the Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV movie and his name is Nyx. I haven't watched the movie yet, I heard it sucks, but I'm still gonna watch it... someday... I guess? Back to the figure, it looks pretty good, packed with detail as usual and there are scars on his face.

Nyx? Don't know the guy...
...but I will soon.
This figure comes with a helmet (?) a couple of short swords (or daggers?), four extra hands and that small bit of plastic that its purpose is unknown. I think I will pass on this one but I want to see this one colored ASAP then I'll think about getting this one if this figure turns out great (and cheaper).

Well, that's that. There are lots of PAK figs displayed, like the main bros of FFXV, Cloud, Barret, Sephiroth, Sora etc. I don't feel excited about the PAK figs on TGS 2016 or in general, it's all because of the constant price hike. Anyway I will update this post or post more TGS 2016 blog entries if some new figs appeared during my internet search.

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

2 comments:

  1. the movie is great i don't know what you're talking about so you suck for not watching it, sucka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you read the whole post? I said "I heard it sucks". The keyword there is "heard" so better think about on what you're going to say, kid. Plus I also said that I'm gonna watch the movie someday.

      Delete

.