.

September 20, 2018

Tokyo Game Show 2018: Dragon Quest Bring Arts Action Figures


TGS 2018 just started and of course Square-Enix is there to present their latest and upcoming video games and merchandise. In their booth this year, they're displaying their new Bring Arts action figures. In this blog, I'll start with their figures from the Dragon Quest series.

I always wanted to play Dragon Quest games and specifically start on DQXI, but I only got a 3DS and DQXI for 3DS doesn't have an English version, so I got to buy a PS4 to play that game. Anyway SQEX got a lot of characters from the DQ series in Bring Arts action figure form and since I haven't played any of the games, I don't know these people.

Hero (DQIII)
This is the hero from DQIII. I really like the look of his shield. His design is simple. and there are no detailed stuff and textures on his clothes... based on what I see in this picture anyway.

Alena
Alena from DQIV looks simple, almost similar to DQIII hero because of their design. Alena looks like a mage because of her clothing, but after seeing her clawed fist weapon accessory I got an impression that she's a monk or martial artist.


Both DQIII hero and Alena have a lot of accessories which is really cool. I like those slimes

Serena
Next is Serena from DQXI and she's holding a harp, I guess she's a bard-type character? I like the colors on this character and I'm not even a big fan of green.

Veronica
She's Veronica, another character from DQXI. She reminds me of Little Red Riding Hood, Cha-cha (Akazukin Cha-cha) and B.B. Hood / Bulleta  (Darkstalkers) because of the way she looks and her color scheme. I guess she's the mage in the DQXI party.


The last on that I will show is Jade, again from DQXI. She's a popular character, even fans call her waifu. In my point of view (as the guy who doesn't played any DQ game) she really stands out because of her long ponytail and really strong-looking character design. Her weapon of choice is a polearm. This action figure is not painted yet, can't wait to see it with colors.

That's about my initial impressions on the new Dragon Quest Bring Arts figures that are displayed in SQEX's booth at TGS2018. They all look pretty good. There are more Bring Arts figures from other titles on display that I'll cover so see you soon!

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.