.

June 03, 2018

Action Comics 80th Anniversary Display


A big mall is celebrating Action Comic's 80th anniversary by putting up a display/gallery of the big guy in blue, Superman. I didn't know that there's a display so I don't have my DSLR with me. So instead, I used my smartphone to take some pictures.


The entrance
I'm just passing by and I saw the display. I said to myself: "Gotta check this out, maybe there's something interesting that I can buy here". Upon entering, I was greeted by a "mural" or image containing all 1000 issues of action comics.

That's a nicely made statue!
And the big golden statue of Superman is displayed on the center.



There's also a timeline detailing the evolution of Superman, storywise and artstyle.


Actual comics are displayed and these are mostly rare and costs a lot today.

That's so lifelike!
There's a 1:1 stature of Henry Cavill as Superman (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Justice League) too.


They didn't forget about the iconic telephone booth where Clark Kent changes to Superman in the classic movies and comics.


And here's the toy/figure display!


There are lots of Superman's here and all of them look different designwise.


These two figures are large scale, maybe around 1:7 to 1:6 scale.


A couple of Christopher Reeves Superman Hot Toys figure are displayed. These looks cool.


Henry Cavill Superman Hot Toys figure is also present with an issue of Action Comics.

Kryptonites
 Oh yeah, there are different kinds of kryptonite and all of them have a different effect on Superman.


Random Superman movie items. I only recognize what I call the "Kryptonian USB flash drive" from the Man of Steel movie.


Kal-El about to be sent off to Earth by his parents in classic art style.


The merch section is small and there are no DC Collectible figures here. But these toys are good enough for the kids to play.

Lots of DC Heroes themed Legos.
Dang, I so want the Lego Batman riding a small car and Harley Quinn (also with her own car) is included on the packaging. But Legos are expensive these days.


There are also Superman-themed cakes for those kids who want to have a Superman-themed birthday party. To bad I'm hungry at this point and there are no free taste/samples of these cakes.

Well that's about it. It's a small display dedicated to Action Comics and the superhero, Superman. I didn't buy anything because none of them piqued my interest, I was tempted to buy Legos though. I can't believe Action Comics is now 80 years old and it's still going strong.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.