.

August 27, 2017

I Got Very Sick Because I'm an Idiot



Hey guys, just a quick update about my plan that got cancelled and a long story about my stupid move that got me very sick and my experience in the hospital's emergency room.

Note: If you're not interested on the story of my ordeal, there's an actual blog update at the end of this post.

I was planning to attend the Asiapop Comic Con 2017 this weekend but unfortunately I had the worst bacterial infection ever because of the food I ate last Sunday (no they're not related to the food at Hukad because that happened two weeks ago and posted the blog post very late). And there's a storm (Tropical Storm: Jolina) so either way, I still can't go out.

Last Sunday me, my mother and my aunt went to the mall to buy a few stuff. I got hungry so I said "I'm hungry" and my aunt agrees. So we went to the food court and I ordered the food that I've been craving for so long. As I mix the rice with the vegetable side dish, a large chunk of rice fell on the table's surface. The hungry idiot me scooped the rice back to the plate and ate it.

After 30 to 40 minutes, I felt like I'm having an emergency bathroom situation so I hurried back home. Thankfully the mall is very near.

Hours pass and it's time to eat again, but I felt full and have no appetite. I just shrugged it off because I felt fine but I took a few bites. I went to sleep and my heart starts palpitating and I felt a bit hot, I just shrugged it off again and went back to sleep.

Monday, it's holiday that means no work, hurray! I woke up feeling great. I ate breakfast, watched some movies and posted my late Hukad post. I also ate just fine during lunch but after 30 minutes I felt the rush to go to the bathroom again. This happened three times within 5 to 10 minute intervals. I suddenly felt weak and hot. My brother-in-law suggested that I should take Hydrite so I took one. Minutes later, my body starts to have chills, my muscles are twitching and I have mild muscle pains that makes me uncomfortable that it triggered my panic attack.

It's time for the afternoon snack and I suddenly don't have the appetite and I felt much weaker and hotter. My panic attack gets worse to the point that my hands and toes are getting numb. This is where I decided to go to the hospital to check out what's happening to me.

At the hospital (I'm starting to get hungry), I told the nurses everything in detail of what happened because I'm aware that this is my fault in the first place. They checked out my temperature and it's around 38 degrees (Celsius). I have a fever and with the diarrhea problem they ruled out that I have a bacterial infection.

I took a CBC test and wow, my white blood cells are twice as many as normal and my temperature rises 39.1 degrees! They injected me with paracetamol and suggested that I should have an IV treatment. That put my panic mode into overdrive and made me pull an embarrassing tantrum because I'm very afraid of needles and very hungry. But the tantrum reveals another option that I prefer: attach a hep-lock on my hand and inject antibiotics in it so that I can go home and not spend the rest of the night at the hospital.

Before the skin testing and hep-lock attachment, I said that I'm hungry so they let me go and eat first. This is two fold: one, so that I get full and have more energy for the trials ahead and two, so that I can stall for a bit and build my confidence.

See the large syringes in the tray?
Yeah, that's my antibiotics and the first one is being injected in me via hep-lock.

Thank God that the paracetamol kicks in and lowered my temperature to 37 degrees, the antibiotics and that huge meal helped me feel even better. So the doctor and nurses let me go home. So we went home and went to sleep. The next morning I felt better but still have a fever so I took some medicine prescribed by the doctor and fast forward to today, I felt great again and wrote this long blog.

That was a terrifying ordeal. I had four injections and if I had to rate their pain levels from worst to not painful, it will be: Skin testing, paracetamol, CBC test and hep-lock attachment. If I wasn't such a pussy when it comes to needles, I went home earlier and saw my aunt and uncle leave and go back to Italy.

So the lesson here is don't do what I did and put the filthy food back on your plate that's already touched the surface of the food court table, these tables are crawling with bacteria.

Thanks to my mother and brother-in-law for support! Thanks to the doctors and nurses for their patience.

Now for the actual blog and activity update:
- New action figure review coming soon so stay tuned!
- I have a simple project to improve my object photography, this will also be used in my future reviews.
- If you've noticed, I've improved the look of the blog a bit by adding simple effects on title/gadget texts and boxes.
- I also added "Latest Game Review" which will link to our latest video game review at HCF.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.