.

January 29, 2017

Tagaytay Trip: Sky Ranch and Ilog Maria

Forgot to take a photo of Sky Ranch's logo... *sigh*
We went to Tagaytay, Philippines. So here are some photos taken from my DSLR and smartphone. It was sunny when we went there but the wind is so cold the sun didn't bother me, except for my vision (forgot to bring my aviator shades).

This is actually a week late post. Why it's late? Well, it's a mix of busy and lazy times... and seriously, something kinda alarming happened with a family member but it's all fine now.

We went to Sky Ranch, a lakeside amusement park (no it's not like the one in Silent Hill), well kinda lakeside and located on top of a mountain. We came early so there are still few people around.

DSLR photo: My first step (and photo) inside Sky Ranch.
It's a small amusement park with kinda tame rides, games and a beautiful sight of the Taal lake.

DSLR photo: This roller coaster circles around a small area of the park.
My DSLR's battery kinda sucks because it's "bloated" if you get what I mean. The battery got drained after a few shots in a full charge and I didn't brought a spare... Smartphone camera to the rescue!

DSLR photo: The park's walk way
You can see the view of the lake if you walk here and you can see the zip line tower, go there if you want to ride the zip line.

"Weeeeee!"
Ummm nope, that's not me riding the zip line.

A ferris wheel!
I want to ride the ferris wheel to see the view from the top, but the ride's under maintenance.

I call this "The Dropper"
I'm not a fan of riding thrill rides. I'm not scared or anything (I rode a lot of roller coasters and other extreme rides by the way) but I kinda don't feel like riding them... unless... peer pressure.

DSLR photo: The Taal lake
There's the lake, you can see the dead volcano at the center. I climbed that volcano (now a crater) with my uncle when I was 10 years old.

So many ducks and gators!
This is one of the games you can play in this park.

Look at those cool-looking and all metal, miniature bots and motorcycles made from recycled metal
I went to the souvenir shop to see what I can buy. I held the coolest mini motorcycle on the display, I want to buy it but I held back... phew!

LOL! These things... classic.
If you went to the Philippines, you might have seen these things in the souvenir shops. Take that barrel off and you're in for a surprise!

It's time to go home. But first, we took a detour to Ilog Maria (Mary River in English). The way to Ilog Maria is kinda hard to spot if you're going for the first time. The place is located in a place where there are lots of trees and tall grass around, it's kinda like a forest.

Some signs and infographics about honey bees
Ilog Maria is a honeybee farm and produces products made from honey.

There are lots of stuff to see there but there are dogs around.
I want to roam around, but lots of guard dogs are roaming around the place and there are no guides. I also want to go near the beehives but I want a bee master to assist me so that I can get close to the "bee boxes" safely. I guess the guides have a day off because I saw some staff making honey products.

If you look closer at this photo. This is actually a comfort room
Yes, it's literally a call of nature, which is awesome.
My roaming range in Ilog Maria is limited and my smartphone's battery is dying so I only took a few photos.

So that's all of the photos I took during our trip. I want to travel more so that I can take more pictures and then post and tell about them in this blog.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.