.

November 26, 2018

I Built A Brand New PC


Finally after almost a year of planning and earning cash, my very own PC is now complete!

Well not 100% complete, more like 80% complete meaning it may not be complete but it's now fully usable.

Here are the parts of my PC (as of this post):

Motherboard - MSI B450 Tomahawk
CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G (with Vega 11 Graphics)
RAM - Team Group T-Force Xcalibur RGB 16GB (2x 8GB) at 3600mHz stock
SSD - Kingston 240GB (forgot the exact name... I threw away its packaging)
Power Supply - Seasonic M12 520 watts fully modular
Casing - Tecware Verge (not the Verge that sloppily built $2000 PC recently)
Keyboard - Tecware Phantom RGB full keyboard
Mice - Tecware Vector Pro

And I got these miscellaneous peripherals:

ASUS external DVD/R reader (because I recently found out that internal DVD readers are getting obsolete(.
TPLink Archer T1U WiFi adapter (because I don't have a very long Ethernet cable laying around).

As you can see from my spec list, this is a Ryzen PC and it's kinda future proof. I'm gonna upgrade this PC next year... I hope.


Here's my mother board, the MSI B450 Tomahawk, one of the popular and cheap B450 motherboards out there and this is a pretty decent motherboard. I bought this one because my preferred motherboards -  ASUS Strix B450F Gaming and MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon are both out of stock. I'm starting to like the B450 Tomahawk because of its very militaristic design.

My CPU (or APU) is Ryzen 5 2400G and I'm using the impressive stock Wraith cooler. I got this one because GPU's are expensive, anyway this guy got 4 cores 8 threads. I picked this one instead of Ryzen 3 because R5 got extra 4 threads which I will need when I do some photo and video editing.


The Seasonic M12 Evo Edition is not my first choice but it's good enough for my build. I prefer FSP's Hydro MX 550.


The memory is the last part that I bought and I struggled to find a 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200mHz RAM like the very pretty GSkill Trident Z. But since I can't find any of those on local shops. I got the next best thing. -Team Group's T-Force Xcalibur and it runs at 3600mHz stock.


And these things looks similar but prettier than the Trident Z and it's compatible with AMD stuff. Oh yeah they got RGB lights too.

As for storage, I bought Kingston 240GB SSD. It's cheap and it looks good on my build because of its gunmetal gray color.


And these are my keyboard and mice, both from Tecware, the Phantom keyboard and the Vector mouse. I also got a mousemat from Infini. I want a Tecware Haste mousemat but unfortunately it's out of stock at the time.

My PC case is also from Tecware and it's called Verge. It's a PC case with tempered glass on the side to view the parts of the computer. It's a pretty nice looking case, it's minimalist and it got 4 Tecware Orbis RGB fans already installed.

I'm installing Window 10 when I took this photo.
This is my PC and it's ready to serve me for 3 to 5 years. It's not complete yet, because it doesn't have a graphics card yet. I really like my PC build even though some of its parts are 2nd choices only. Oh yeah, I'm using my 32 inch HD TV as a monitor for a while. I'll earn some cash for a 24 inch Freesync monitor and a Radeon GPU probably RX570 or RX580.

Now that once again I got my very own PC, this marks my return to the glorious PC master race! And I can get back to making some toy reviews and making some photo edits and digital drawings... oh and some videos too!

Cheers!

P.S.: Oh WOW! This is my 300th post on this blog and I didn't notice it after I checked my blogger dashboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

.