.

November 23, 2019

Baguio Trip Photos


We went to Baguio for a vacation. We planned this trip so that we can unwind and have some fun time after working and meeting quotas. We stayed for 3 days and those 3 days are not enough to cover all Baguio's tourist spots. Baguio City is a part of Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) in the Philippines and is know as its "Summer Capital". Well, I prefer to go there during the cold season because I'm not a fan of heat.

I didn't bring by DSLR for this trip because one button is busted and that button is one of the directional buttons that I need so that the lens can focus on a particular spot. So I'm glad that I already bought a Samsung Galaxy A80 smartphone to replace my iPhone 5C that served me well for years. Galaxy A80 is that phone that have a fancy mechanized pop-up rotating camera gimmick that serves as the back and front/selfie camera.

Most of the photos I uploaded for this post are random and scenery photos. I didn't include most of our photos for privacy.

Day 1, we arrived too early at Baguio 5AM so we went around to check out Burnham Park. We rode a boat at the man-made "lake" and we ate lunch at a nearby Restaurant. After that, we just stayed on the transient house we're renting for the rest of the day.


Day 2. This is at Session Road. People wrote stuff on the asphalt because there's an event. We also wrote stuff there but I didn't upload what I wrote.


This is the view at Mines View Park. Nice mountain view and it's cold up there.


This view is from Good Shepherd. It's a walking distance from Mines View Park.


Next we went to "The Mansion" at Wright Park. I don't know what's inside that mansion and we're not allowed to go in or near it.


A zoomed in photo of the mansion. I wish I could use a telephoto lens.


This stairs are located near Wright Park. We went down these stairs so that we can get a ride back to where we're staying. Up those stairs you can see some skateboarders doing tricks. I didn't bring my board.


Day 3 and we got up a little late. This is from the strawberry farm at La Trinidad.


Unfortunately we arrived too early, the strawberries are not yet ready to be harvested. So instead we ourselves harvested our own lettuces, 8 for 100 Pesos. That's a lot and it's cheap.


Next we went to the Tam-Awan village, also at La Trinidad. So many houses and they're so colorful. People use the hanging bridge to cross the jagged river to the main road.


I used the smartphones panorama feature to take this photo. I still prefer the manual method using my DSLR, but this will do.


Lastly, we went to Camp John Hay. This is our last stop at Baguio and we are booked to leave at 4PM. So we just took a very quick trip there. We went to the Cemetery of Negativity where you can have a chuckle/giggle/laugh/cringe on what's written on the tombstones. They're mostly old puns and need something new.


Another panoramic shot at Camp John Hay, I took this photo before we leave and it's starting to rain. It's hard to catch a ride here so we got nervous because it's already 3PM and the bus is leaving at 4PM, we almost walked down the mountain to reach the bus station, but luckily a taxi arrived and we're saved. We arrived just in time to ride the bus.

3 days is not enough to explore Baguio. We missed a lot of tourist spots that we listed so we're planning to go back next year and stay for 5 or more days there.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.