.

October 14, 2018

We Ate at Tong Yang


I was on the fence if I will join my family for a buffet lunch at Tong Yang because I have my own plans for the day but after some thinking, I said "Meh, I can go somewhere on my own next week." and decided to go eat with my family and wow, I had a great time and a full stomach!

I don't know the specifics but Tong Yang is an Asian restaurant and have a 3-hour eat-all-you-can buffet...


...and they have lot's of raw and fresh ingredients from raw meat, fish, vegetables, seasonings etc. for you to cook on your own by using the "frying stoves" that's installed on every table!


The restaurant just recently opened, by the way, so there are lot's of people go there to try the food. That's why the ingredients on the buffet depletes very fast, but they get re-filled but it takes kinda long.

They also have a prepared dish that you can already eat if you don't feel like cooking.


The vegetables are already chopped in different sizes, I picked some of them because I'm planning to make my own custom dish.


So I picked my raw food and put it on the frying stove on the table and cooked them.


I picked some spicy noodles some onions and some "vegetarian chicken" (which I didn't enjoy)...


I also picked some chopped onion leeks and made a spicy garlic sauce that I can add to my custom dish.


And finally, I ordered chicken soup so that I can put my spicy noodles, onions, vegetarian chicken and other stuff to make my "Custom Spicy Chicken Noodles". And it smelled and tasted good after some few adjustments by removing the veggie chicken and replaced them with real chicken and beef chunks.


I like rice so I got some garlic rice mixed with yang chao with some noodles and sweet and sour pork dish. This completes my meal at Tong Yang.


Time for dessert after eating lots of delicious food. In Tong Yang, you can make your own version of Halo-Halo (a Filipino cold treat).


But I went for an ice cream instead.


The flavor of my ice cream is mocha and I added some sprinkles and few corn flakes. The taste is pretty standard.

That's it for our day at Tong Yang restaurant. The food tastes great but since this is an eat-all-you-can buffet the cost per person is around Php.700.00 (about $13.00). It's pricey but here's a tip: go there really-really hungry so that you can enjoy everything this restaurant has to offer for 3 hours.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.