.

March 21, 2018

We Tried Some Food at the Original Digman


We had a big family trip last month at Tagaytay, Philippines. Before going home we stopped by the Original Digman to get some snack. This food joint is located Bacoor, Cavite. And there are two Original Digmans in the same area so I don't know which the real one but I bet the food they both serve tastes the same.

I didn't bring my DSLR with me because the battery got blown out of proportion and I still don't have a replacement, so instead I used a smartphone camera that have an annoyingly permanent feature to blur stuff, so pardon the fuzziness (and unnatural colors) of the photos.

Santo Niño with lots of cash donations
Wow look at that Santo Niño with all the donations from the Filipino and foreigner patrons. Many celebrities also ate here and this place have the pictures to prove it. This food joint has been here for decades because my grandmother (R.I.P. and bless her soul), my parents and aunts know this place since they were younger.

Halo-halo with ice-cream.
I don't like my halo-halo with ice-cream
They serve Siopao (steamed buns) and Halo-halo, a Filipino icy cold dessert that have lots of delicious stuff in it like banana slices, beans, gelos, a small slice of flan and an ice-cream on top (optional), this is perfect for summer. 

Now this is my Halo-halo and it looks traditional,
no ice-cream
Other than halo-halo and siopao, they also serve other food too like barbecue and Tapa - a Filipino food that's always partnered with rice and egg. It's also commonly called Tapsilog - a combination of three words: tapa, sinangag (fried rice) and itlog (egg).

Chicken mami a nice partner for siopao.
They also have Chicken Mami (chicken noodle soup), a nice simple dish that tastes good as expected. I like chicken mami. It got small slices of chicken meat with nice hot broth, noodles and veggies.

After we finish our meal we went home. I did a lot of eating that day that's why I quickly fell asleep on my bed because I'm full or what Patrick from Spongebob Squarepant's call it, "food coma".

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.