.

April 29, 2019

[Toy Review] DIVER NAMI - Gundam Build Divers Figure-rise Standard


I was cleaning my room and I found this model kit under the bed. I forgot that I have this one maybe because I bought this on a whim. This is a Figure-rise Standard model kit of Nanami A.K.A. Diver Nami from Gundam Build Divers. I watched the series with low expectations but I got hooked in. It's a good Gundam anime with a nice pace for younger audiences.


"I want to take it up a notch next time. I'm gonna pile up my own Gunpla like you guys."
~ Nanami Nanase (Diver Nami) ~

PACKAGING

Front and back of the box

The packaging is colorful. The front shows a large artwork of Nami and it says that this is Nanami's Diver look. That means that Nami is a Diver form (digital avatar) of Nanami from an online VR game GBN (Gunpla Battle Nexus) where they build and customize Gunpla models and scan them in a terminal so that they can pilot them inside the game. The back of the box is just blank

One side of the box
The sides shows more stuff like more product shots and poses of the figure, more optional parts/builds and some of info about the character and the show written in Japanese and English.

Time to build!
Packaging includes:
- Lots of parts that are separated in sections
- Sticker set for the build
- Instruction manual

I recommend using cutters to remove the pieces/parts from the runners but be careful. If you're a kid, have a parent or older sibling to assist you while building Gunpla or any model kits. And read the instructions properly

THE BUILD/FIGURE

I finished building the Nami figure in its basic form and I didn't use any paint on this one. And sorry for not sanding off some of the extra mold from the runners.

Viewing Nami at 4 sides
The figure build looks good for my come-back model kit building which is very sloppy. I kinda like the yellow with some red, black and brown parts. The design and the color choice for the character looks really nice and cute.

Cute face
The face looks nice and I use stickers for the eyes. I followed the instructions and used the slightly looking to the left eyes for the face (which I changed to the straight looking face later on). I bet the face will look good if I painted some blush on the cheeks and some pink for the lips.

Nami's ahoge and visor
Nami's hair is blue with an "hair antenna" or "ahoge" sticking out. The head also have a red visor with yellow lining (sticker) which resembles a helmet visor as seen on the helmets in the Gundam series.

Robo-cat ears
She also got a pair of robotic cat ears.

Nami's suit
Nami is wearing a one-piece yellow suit that resembles a scuba dive suit with red trim.

Checking out the back
The back looks plain but features two holes for the backpack/thrusters part.

Bandai Stickman figure
The suit also have a red stickman figure at the top center part. I think you see those stickman figures in the some of Bandai's model kits, kinda like a mascot. Nami also have red shoulder guards.

Nice arm
Both arms looks good and have long yellow gloves with black trim (stickers).

That armor looks heavy
Both arms features yellow robotic forearms where you can attach some parts thanks to their pegs. The hands are brown

The belt
Nami is wearing a brown belt. It doesn't have any function but it covers the waist articulation.

Nami's got good-looking legs
The legs have good skin color. They also have a long stockings with black trim (stickers) that goes to the lap.

Leg armor
The calves have brown armor with pegholes for optional armor parts. The feet have yellow upper and lower armor platings.

ACCESSORIES/OPTIONAL PARTS

Diver Nami have lots of optional parts which needs assembly. For accessories/equipment, she got an airbrush gun, nipper spear, backpack/thrusters, shield. She also have two interchangeable faces, two pairs of extra hands. Her optional parts are mostly armor parts like the shoulder guards and the leg armor parts.

Nami's stuff
That's a lot of nice stuff. No complaints there. By the way Nami got all her equipment which are all rare items (5 items) while participating in the Nadeshiko-athlon All-Female event in Gundam Build Divers.

P-Spray Gun
The P-Spray Gun resembles an airbrush gun for used for painting. It looks good and used creatively for the anime but it's just brown so its color is not accurate in the anime. You need to paint them in metallic silver or gunmetal.

The gun's cord
The gun have a long cord that connects to Nami's backpack. This is a wired cord so you can change its shape and it can hold that shape.

U-Nipper Javelin
The U-Nipper Javelin, commonly called as Legendary Miracle Nippers by the Divers looks cool and again, used creatively for the anime. It's a nipper that looks like a spear or javelin. Again, its color is not accurate so you need to paint it in different shades of metallic silver and black (for the nipper's grip)

This rare item can build anything in GBN
The nippers can move too but it can't cut anything though.

Nice optional faces
Nami have two alternate faces. She got a face that looks angry, frustrated or annoyed and another one that's winking. I also used stickers for these interchangeable faces.

Extra hands
For hands, Nami have 3 pairs of hands. I used the open pair of hands as default for the figure. The other two pairs of extra hands are a couple of fists and a couple of gripping hands.

L-Compressor Backpack with the G-Marker Saber
The following items are what I call optional parts. The first one I'll show is Nami's backpack which is called L-Compressor Backpack. It's yellow in color and have nice mechanical details. It features a pen/marker item, called G-Marker Saber that is stored on the backpack. It also got a couple of thrusters. The backpack have a peg hole for the display stand.

D-Separator Shield
The D-Separator Shield resembles a part separator tool for Gunpla/model kit building. It's brown in color so you need to paint them in metallic silver. I used the yellow sticker for the inner part. Of all of Nami's rare items this looks the most basic, at least on this figure/build. Painting its parts will make it look cooler.

Armor parts for the shoulders and knees
Nami's armor parts include armor for both shoulders. They're brown with yellow parts (stickers). The leg armor part protects Nami's knees and calved. They're yellow with black parts (stickers).

Optional brown hair (unassembled)
Nami have an optional brown hair because Nami/Nanami's hair is brown in the real world. You need to assemble them if you want to use them. In my case I won't be using it that why the parts are still on their runners.

Display Stand
Diver Nami also have a display stand and it's translucent red. It looks simple and you need to assemble them. After assembling the stand, just connect the figure on the stand's peg.

ARTICULATIONS

"Hi there!"
I know that this Figure-rise Standard build of Diver Nami have a nice range of movement because I built Gundam model kits/Gunpla in the past. I built some from G Gundam, Gundam W, EW and Gundam X series and I suddenly stopped because I move on to a different hobby. I'm getting off-track here. Anyway let's check out her articulations

Nami with all of her equipment.
Head is on a double ball-peg. It can look around but limited when looking up because of the hair.

Doing her promo pose (as seen in the box).
Upper body articulation is pretty good. It's on a ball peg. The chest can turn side to side and twist. The waist articulation is kinda limited. It's covered by the belt making it look good when posed.

"Good luck!"
The arms moves really well. Shoulders have a ball joint and it looks good when you pose it. The arms can rotate up/down and shift forward/back. They also have bicep swivel and they're not noticeable because of the long yellow gloves.

She's about to catch a Haro
The elbows have double hinges and really got nice range of motion. The hands have ball-pegs for articulation.

P-Spray Gun action!
The legs can twist at the joints. It also have a leg swivel and they're not noticeable because of Nami's long stockings.

Nami using her Legendary Miracle Nippers.
The knees have double-hinges. Just like the elbow hinges, the knees moves really well and they look good too.

Defending using the D-Separator Shield.
The feet have ball-hinges they can turn side to side and pivot but they're limited when pointing up and down because of the armor plating.

SCALING

I don't have any Figure-rise Standard model kits/figure/builds. This is my first FRS build so I don't have anything to compare Diver Nami with. But it looks like that the measurement of the figure is around 6 to 7 inches.

QUALITY ISSUES

I don't have any problems encountered while building the figure. No other problems after building it too. But I didn't expect that FRS builds are very light. Even a medium-strength wind from a fan can topple this figure but you can use the stands so that the figure wont fall off.

The white runner plastic marks that you see around the figure is proof that my build is sloppy. But hey I just came back in building model kits and I will improve.

CONCLUSION

For my first Figure-rise Standard build, this Diver Nami figure looks really good. I have low expectations on this one and it impressed me. Because the build looks like an action figure when it's completed and its articulations are pretty good too. I'm not a fan of stickers but I'm forced to use them because my hands are shaky and I can't paint well because of that. Nami also have a nice set of accessories and she have an optional separate build which is a rider build which I will get soon. This is a good start and I can't wait to get more of these. By the way, these FRS builds from Bandai are cheap.

Doing her other promo pose (as seen in the box). 
Cheers and Happy Collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.