.

June 07, 2016

Final Fantasy XII Play Arts Kai Balthier and Gabranth Announced


It turns out that my speculation on my toy review of Fran PAK action figure came to reality. Final Fantasy XII is having an HD treatment called Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age! If you want to know more about FFXII HD then visit my HCF blog post. Along with the game's announcement, two new Play Arts Kai figures from that game also been announced and that's Balthier and Gabranth.



Sky Pirate Balthier
The old Play Arts figure of the Leading Man, Balthier already looks great. This new PAK figure is much better than the classic. It's almost like they just re-tooled/re-upscaled the old Balthier figure and made some improvements by adding the new standard PAK joints and articulation.

The downside of this Balthier figure is that he's only got his trusty Betelgeuse (gun) and four extra hands. But comparing the PAK to the PA, this is an upgrade, a small one.

Judge Gabranth
Now this is what I've been waiting for... a large-scale Gabranth PAK figure! As usual, the "Darth Vader" of Final Fantasy looks badass. When I get my mitts on this figure, I can totally forget about not having the Dissidia version. This new PAK fig have cape articulation, I hope this is not as bad-looking as the current caped PAK action figures that have a "huge block of plastic" at their backs for the cape... I'm looking at you, Batman and Superman (BvS)!

His accessory quantity have improved a bit: he got his Chaos Blade (larger sword) and Highway Star (smaller sword). He also got a tiny little thing that connects the two swords together (this is a downgrade from the old PA to Dissidia PAK versions) and five extra hands.

Both figures have the standard PAK display stand.

Now that they're revealed, what's next? I'm guessing Ashe and Vaan based on the old FFXII PA action figures that were made. I hope SQEX will include Basch and Penelo too. Oh yeah, I hope they're not super expensive, especially Gabranth. Come on SQEX, lower the prices of your PAK action figures!

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.