.

June 23, 2024

TOYCON 2024 Part 5: Random Photos and Conclusion


This is the last post for my ToyConPh 2024 coverage. This post contains mostly random photos and my opinion on the event.


So the event is kinda lacking compared to the last ToyCon 2019 event that I attended. Because we arrived a little late, around 10:30AM and the stalls at the last half of the hall is still empty.


There's a stage for live performances and panel discussion.


I haven't seen any cosplayers roaming around. The only cosplayers that I found are mostly fans of Star Wars. They are lined up by the stage as if their performance is over and they're taking group pictures. I wonder what happened there before we arrived.


Yeah, it kinda feels weird that there are less cosplayers at this time.


My focus for ToyConPh is to cover and take photos of toys and collectibles. So I'm glad that I saw new toys here, even prototypes and locally, Filipino-made toys.


We enjoyed our time at the gallery. And some of my favorite groups have their display here.


The shops are really crowded that we even struggled to get around the area. And it's really difficult to take photos there. and the shops and the display areas are kinda mixed.


The stage area have lots of people too.


It's crowded here that we only stayed at the side, right outside the exit of the toy gallery.


We watched a live J-Pop performance.


I'm sorry but I don't know who she is but she sings really well.


I can't get a clear close up shot of her face because the support bars are blocking her, we we're just located at the side of the stage. I don't know what song she's singing but it's catchy and fun to listen too. And the crowd loves her performance.


After watching the live performance, we decided to eat lunch. I never noticed that it's already 2:00 PM. We ordered chicken chops at the food area of the event. My wife got this glazed Korean-style chicken. I tried it, it got a sweet, fruity taste. It tastes weird and good at the same time.


And I just ordered spicy chicken chops. It gets really salty after many bites. But it's a good meal.


After eating, we decided to go home. I saw the empty stalls earlier getting filled up. Some exhibitors came late. I saw them just unboxing their stuff and setting up their display area.


By this time, the event is super crowded, but still less cosplayers. We wanted to stay a little longer, but we still have other stuff to do. ToyCon 2024 is a three-day event and we only attended the event for one day (Saturday, June 15, 2024). While this event is lacking, it's still a fun event. I guess it's good for us, so that we won't get that overwhelmed. But I hope that it will get better next year.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.