.

May 26, 2024

Mothers Day Trip to Rizal, Philippines


It's Mothers Day! Me and my wife treated my mother to go out of town to Rizal, Philippines. This is also my first time to drive to a new place so this is exciting.

This is a very late post because I got sick after the trip and encountered a PC problem.


May 12 is also a feat day of Our Lady of Buensuceso so we went to the chapel to hear mass first.


Good thing we went to hear mass because my mother got blessed and we also got blessed by wearing the veil of Our Lady of Buensuceso.


After the mass we started our trip. I don't have any photos while on the road because we are using the phone for navigation. We arrived at Rizal, Philippines around 11:00 AM. The temperature is really hot and humid. We are hungry so our first stop is the Tyvo Cafe.


Tyvo Cafe have this nice view of the city. We have to climb the stairs to get to the restaurant. My mother's knee is aching so we have to help her climb. They said that the view looks better at night. The place is cooled by the strong winds.


Here's our lunch. Looks so good and makes my mouth water. Well talk about our lunch at Tyvo on a separate post.


After eating our lunch we went to Pinto Museum. More photos on the separate post dedicated to this museum.


The museum is located near Tyvo Cafe so it's a short trip to go here. There are lots of stairs here so we need to take it slow because we need to assist my mother while climbing and walking down the stairs.


The place looks nice. It have Spanish era structures. It also feels like you're in a different country.


Every building here have some artifacts, paintings and ancient stuff on display.


This view makes me feel like I'm in Mexico.


I really like these buildings. While I like to take more photos outside, I'm getting really sweaty and thirsty because it's very hot outside.


We went in the buildings to see some art.


There are so many art pieces to check out here.


A broken Ducati motorcycle turned into art. I guess it's not a waste anymore, the broken bike got a new purpose.


After checking lots of paintings, sculptures and stuff. We went on our next destination.


This is the Antipolo Cathedral, also known as Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Cathedral.


 This is my first time coming here. So we went in to check out what's inside and pray.


The place is huge and there are lots of people because it's Sunday. After praying, we bought some suman (rice cake) and coco jam at the nearby marketplace. Next stop: Hinulugang Taktak waterfalls.


We arrived at Hinulugang Taktak. My last memory coming here is during my childhood and I don't remember much but I know that it's just a waterfall and nothing more. But when we arrive now, There are lots of stuff around the waterfalls. It's really now a tourist spot with lots of activities to do, like walking on the very high hanging bridge. Wall climbing and more.


The entrance is free so that's cool. While climbing down the tall stairs I saw these langka (jackfruit) growing at the side of the tree trunk.


It's a long descent to reach the waterfalls, good thing that there are some areas around the stairs where you can rest and view the surroundings below.


So many people here. I noticed that there are almost no place here to get some drinks.


We arrived at the falls. It looks really nice but much better during my childhood.


What disappoints me the most is that while the falls looks nice the smell isn't. I saw trash swirling at the bottom of the falls. I know that there are no entrance fees here but there should be people cleaning the water here. I bet the trash comes from the top of the falls.


After visiting the falls, it's almost time to go home but first, we need to check out the tiangge shops (bazaar or bargain market). We went to Club Manila East to shop for cheap clothes and other stuff for souvenirs. So many people buying stuff here and there are lots of street food and food stalls around the place. There are no photos here because I am cautious, I don't want my phone to get snatched by thieves. My mother and my wife bought some clothes for our little nephews, nieces and godkids.

We enjoyed our Mothers Day trip here. My mother enjoyed the trip too even though her knee hurt. Now that I know to get here, we're gonna visit this place soon.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.