.

July 04, 2020

Got a New DSLR!


I bought a DSLR camera, and it's Canon EOS 7D, a huge upgrade over my 450D that have button problems.

People tell me that I should just use my smartphone to take photos. I'm using Samsung Galaxy A80 and I know smartphone cameras are getting better and really easy to use, I even used my phone to take the photo of my 7D (because my 450D have issues). But the photographer in me insisted that I use a DSLR to take photos.

This camera isn't brand new. I bought it used from a pawn shop. This is the first version of 7D released in 2009. There's a minor issue on the camera, the rubberized cover for the ports is gone (just like in my 450D), a common issue and a sign that it's really old. Other than that, the camera works really well without any problems.


Its price is Php.14,000 (around $280.00). I'm skeptical when it comes to pawn shop items, the camera's price is too good to be true, but I took a gamble and bought it.

I got home and connected the camera on my computer. I downloaded a free software that can count  the camera's shutter actuation (think of it as the camera's mileage).


I've read somewhere that the 7D can take around 200,000 shots. I'm glad that my used 7D camera have 62,220 shutter count, way less than I expected count of 100,000+.

I can conclude that this purchase is a steal because I also got a 50mm lens, 2 batteries, charger, strap and bag.

The Canon EOS 7D is now my main camera, while the 450D is my backup (I'm planning to bring this to the camera repair shop and get it fixed). Now I can once again take photos of different scenery and random things. I can now also take lots of toy photos and review them.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.