.

July 24, 2020

Plant Photography


The lockdown here in the Philippines has eased out a bit. We can now travel far but with some limitations (checkpoints are still present). So for our first long trip in months, we went to the Cavite Gardens, located obviously at Cavite (along Aguinaldo Highway) to buy some gardening related stuff. I brought my Canon 7D and took some pictures.

I'm not a plant expert, that means I have limited plant know-how. So I won't be sharing some widsom stuff and plant knowledge in this blog. But I can share some photography techniques.


I'm using Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 lens. We're in a hurry so I'm using the quick and easy Program [P] mode because, you know, we have limited time outside the car. No time to manually adjust the ISO, aperture and shutter speed. Plus I didn't bring a tripod (very useful if you have shaky hands). Without further ado, enjoy this small plant photo gallery.


The flowers looks so beautiful and colorful.


By the way, aside from the obnoxious watermarks (sorry guys), some photos here are edited a bit to make the colors of the flowers and plants pop. I used the Curves setting in Photoshop.



I know this flower. This is a Gumamela flower. I DuckDuckGo (search engine) it and this flower belongs to the Hibiscus type of plants.


This is a Rule of Thirds photography technique. It's basic but it's my favorite technique. I like the blurred background.



The Canon 50mm lens is really good for close up shots. Because it blurs up the background


This is a nice photo with a blurred foreground and background.


So many Cacti! I will buy the long-type ones because they resemble Cactuar (a Final Fantasy creature).


We have this type of cactus in our home. It's still small, can't wait to see it grow like the one on the photo above.

I took lots of photos and the ones you see here in this post are the best looking ones. In the end of our quick stay at the Cavite Gardens, we just bought some pots and a really heavy sack of pre-mixed soil. In our next visit I will buy a cactus.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.