.

June 11, 2018

TOYCON 2018 Part 1: Toys and Display


Man, the storm is gone but brought the monsoon... Rain or shine, I have to attend this year's ToyCon! This is going to be a 5-part blog series and my pending toy review of the guy with a spear and a cat will be delayed.

UPDATE: Added XM Series gray prototype statues of Captain America and Juggernaut.



I was hoping to attend the Saturday schedule because based on my experience, the Saturday event have lots of things to see, but the weather is so bad.


Still, I was able to go today (Sunday) and this is going to be a quick day at ToyCon 2018.


Now that I got my paper ticket bracelet, time to go in and take some pictures!


It's 3 in the afternoon, as expected, there are less people today than last year... bad weather.


There are toys on display already at the entrance.


Oh look! Legos, by Pinoy Lug! They're here last year too and so are some of the toy groups.


There's a Good Smile Company and Max Factory booth this year too! Awesome!


Overwatch Figma and Nendoroid figures. Come on, make a Mei and D.Va Figma figure already.


DC Superheroes (Movies) Nendoroid figures.


The Joker (The Dark Knight) , Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad) and Joker (Suicide Squad) Nendoroids.


Fate Nendoroid and Figma figures. Not a fan of the series but I like the character designs, probably I will buy some Fate Figma figures.


Ah yes, Persona 5's Joker (with Morgana). This guy is probably going to be my first Figma figure. He's getting a re-release on November 2018. I should probably get Panther too.


I so want that 1/7 scale figure of Futaba... I'll probably wait for them to make a Figma version.


Morgana looking smug... I mean, boss!


Wow, Bandai Tamashi Nations have a booth!


Lots of characters re-imagined as samurai warriors. Why is R2-D2 there?


The MCU Avengers figures!


This display case have a mix of awesome characters from different titles. The best thing on this display are the rocks.


Huh, Petron (the gasoline company) is here and they're selling their limited edition collectibles. I mostly have their die-cast car collection and they're cool.


I never thought that their latest promotion: The Avengers: Infinity War figures look amazing and some of them are useful, for example: Thor's figure is a phone charger and on Dr. Strange, you can write some memos that will look like a spell effect thanks to LED lighting. By the way, these are die-cast figures.


I didn't stay long on Maxi Collector's huge toy display, because most of them I already saw last year...


...but not this guy!

Let's move on to the new Legendary Beast studio display.


Gambit, my favorite X-men character. This statue looks really good. This and the following pictures that you will see are Legendary Beast Studio's XM series and most of them are prototypes. They will also probably cost a lot of cash.


Omega Red looking really cool.


Mystique, she's sexy. Huh, I just noticed that these X-men statues are based on Jim Lee's design.


It's Spider-Gwen! She's listening to music while hanging out probably on top of OSCORP building...


...and she looks really pretty.


Wow that design of the Winter Soldier looks better than the MCU version.


DC heroes got more love because they have a Japanese-inspired themes going on. Look at Poison Ivy, she's wearing a short kimono.


Batgirl looks really cool with her ninja look. Umm don't mistake this as the Batman Ninja series, their counterparts have different designs. 


Catwoman looks hot! And her motorcycle looks cool! Sorry for the blurry photo... tired shaky hands.


But I got a clear close-up shot of Catwoman.


I don't know who these characters are but their designs are amazing


Huh, he looks like a fusion of Winter Soldier and a Mortal Kombat character.


I don't know her either...


...but she got a pretty face and have a lot of details on her suit.


I forgot to add these... Here are the XM Series gray prototypes of Captain America and Juggernaut. This Captain America have the classic design. Can't wait to see this painted.


Juggernaut is massive! Look at his diorama display base, there are lots of stuff happening! I'm also excited to see this guy painted.


I'm not a Hot Toys fan but I appreciate their awesome work and realistic action figures.


But there are some figures that caught my attention and that's Star Lord and Iron Man.


The Infinity Stones on the Infinity Gauntlet can light up which is nice to look at.


SCAPH is back and they have new figures with various sizes on display but I can't get in... too many people!

This is the end of Part 1... but wait there's more! There are lots of photos to post and I categorized them that's why this blog have 5 parts. Part 2 will be uploaded soon.
Cheers and Happy Collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.