.

July 03, 2019

TOYCON 2019 Part 4: The Toy Gallery


We're done eating, we're full and ready to check out the event more. I was wondering why ToyCon PH 2019 doesn't have a toy gallery like last year. All I see in the SMX's ground floor are lots of toy displays and booths and the shops. I forgot that we didn't check the 2nd floor so we got up and lo and behold, the toy gallery is here!



Huh, there are few people here. I guess most of them are still downstairs.


So many toys in the gallery for our viewing pleasure. We went counter clockwise from the entrance.


Justice PH, never heard of them, I think they're new. Well the more groups, the better. And they have a dedicated display for my favorite crazy female villain/anti-hero Harley Quinn.


So many Batmans! Awesome. Wait, is that Trunks from Dragon Ball!?


Yup, I'm more of a DC fan than Marvel and I got a few DC Collectibles action figures in my collection (specifically DC Bombshells) so when I saw this DC Collectors Philippines display and *snap snap!* I took more pics!


Lanter Corps at war with other Lantern Corps. The Red Lantern guy is outnumbered.


Figmanila is sharing space with SH Figuarts Philippines. I wish they have their own display area so that they can pose more Figma and SH Figuarts figures. But hey, they made a sweet crossover diorama this year.


So many Fate figures. I'm not a fan of the franchise but I like their character designs, especially Saber Nero Claudius and Saber Lily.


This is the crossover display I was talking about. Look when you see Goku, Vegeta and Mr. Satan with the Avengers and Power Rangers, you know Thanos is done for. Well it's up to debate if they can be affected by the Infinity Gauntlet even when they're in Super Saiyan Blue/God form.


Girls und Panzer and Iron Man crossover display.


Now that's an unruly classroom. This is my favorite diorama display from Figmanila/SH Figuarts Philippines.


Now for my main FB group. Play Arts Kai Philippines. Wait, no Bring Arts display this year? I'm not sure because this is a quick round trip at the toy gallery.


Man, look at that complete FFVII Advent Children display. I still don't have Yuffie, Rufus and Red XIII. Gotta earn some extra toy budget for the Cloud and Fenrir Set.


They also have a display for FFVII Remake. That Hardy Daytona bike is from the old Play Arts version of Cloud. I wish they also included Zack here. Anyone excited and hoping SQEX will make a Tifa FFVII Remake Play Arts Kai figure?


The FFXIII Play Arts Kai action figures can still hold up to the newer PAK figures, just look at this cool display. Of course Fang and Serah are awkwardly short. That Dissidia Lightning is a nice replacement to the old FFXIII Lightning figure. She looks cooler with Odin and the Gagnrad (Zantetsuken) dual blades.


Another complete Play Arts Kai set. I'm kinda jealous but that's okay. This is a very nice FFXV display.


Storm Collectibles is one of my targeted brands for collecting. So I want to check out the group, Storm Philippines display


That's a cool Mortal Kombat display. Shao Kahn and Noob Saibot are my favorite Storm Collectible action figures. I'm hoping Storm will make Mortal Kombat X (or XL) action figures. I wan't Kung Lao and Mileena figures.


Street Fighter V display. One of them is going to be my first Storm Collectible figure.


Nice a crossover display. If you want your Capcom vs SNK or Street Fighter X Tekken or Capcom vs SNK vs Tekken dream matches in action figure form then Storm Collectibles provides you with enough figures for you to make them fight each other. I want that alternate Chun-li action figure.


Rocky and WWE figures! I don't know Storm made these.


Hey, MGS Philippines is here too. Let's see what they brought in the gallery.


Wow they got a Ludens action figure! And are those two figures of Cyborg Ninja and Solid Snake are both custom sculpts?


This part is MSGV themed. They got Venom Snake and Quiet Play Arts Kai figures. They also got two 1:6 scale figures of Venom Snake and Big Boss. The Venom Snake bust is a nice addition to the display.


MGS 1:6 scale action figures. Those two Raiden figures look so badass. The Boss look short and Naked Snake is looking cool in that prototype Russian sneaking suit. 


I still want that custom Old Snake Play Arts Kai action figure. I still don't know who made that.


Lastly we get to see Pinoy Square-Enix Collectors display.


FFVII display. Wow they made a custom Tifa in a blue sexy dress as seen in the Honey Bee Inn/Don Corneo part of the game.


A closer look at Honey Bee Inn Tifa. She looks amazing. Are they going to do Aerith and cross-dressing Cloud too?


This a cool FFXV diorama. They made half of the Regalia by using LEGO bricks. I wonder if SQEX will make a Regalia car for FFXV Play Arts Kai figures. That would boss!


Now for random toys and stuff in the toy gallery. Whoa! That's a lot of bricks and that's an awesome colossal diorama. These are not LEGO bricks by the way. most of them are Mega Blocks/Mega Construx.


We saw these dolls, my date likes these so we checked them out. These dolls are wearing Philippine-theme dress. They look really nice.


I'm not a fan of Game of Thrones but this looks amazing.


If this dress is custom made, then that's a lot of effort!


Last pic is this guy, because he's a chill victorian dude. We we're looking for those large scale dolls that some people brought. I think they're entering it for a contest or just for display. That's unfortunate because those are some of the good-looking dolls we've seen and they're kinda realistic and kinda creepy too in my opinion.

This concludes our quick trip at the toy gallery. I know I missed a lot of display from other toy groups and most of the pictures I took didn't make it here in this post because they're so blurry and out of focus due to my very shaky hands. Anyway, on to the shops!

Part 0: The Place (Intro)
Part 1: Toys and Displays
Part 2: Toys & Figures by Designers
Part 3: Eating at Good Munch's
Part 5: The Shops

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

2 comments:

  1. Pwede niyo po ba ako point sa tao or fb account na pwede tanungN pano sumali sa displays? Collector kasi ako gusto konishare collection ko. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask mo yung Play Arts Kai Philippines group sa FB.
      May bayad din yata yun and it looks pricey, so mostly mga groups lang mga nakita kong nagdidisplay ng toys nila sa ToyCon event.

      Delete

.