.

May 22, 2021

Variant Play Arts Kai Batman and Harley Quinn Photo Edits


It's been a long time since I made some photo edits of my action figures. In this post, I featured my edited photos of Batman and Harley Quinn. Both characters are designed by Square-Enix's Tetsuya Nomura and made as Variant Play Arts Kai action figures.

The edited photos are inspired by my Variant Catwoman photo edit that I made for the figure's review but with more effects. All background elements in both of these pictures are made from scratch. I also used some of my old photos for additional background effects.

I used my Samsung Galaxy A80 to take the photos of the two figures. The bokeh light effects are taken using my Canon 7D.


Batman standing on top of a building to scout for bad guys doing crime and stop them using his latest WayneTech Batsuit, gadgets and combat prowess...

This edit took a long time to finish because of the background elements and multiple overlapped Batman photos with different lighting. I made the background buildings from scratch using Photoshop's shape tool. I also partially used my old panorama photo of the Avenue of the Stars for additional building backgrounds. I'm glad I saved the recent moon photo that I took months ago.


...while Harley Quinn, armed with a big machine gun, is ready to take make it rain bullets on the enforcers.

This is one of my favorite edits and it's kinda easy and quick to finish. I just used some bokeh lights here and added some nice anamorphic light effects from scratch.

Both photos have the same effects (rain, fog, ambient police lights and neon lights) so that they're consistent that you can imagine and form a story just by looking at these photos. Batman and Harley Quinn are both from a different universe according to their description in their Play Arts Kai boxes. These universe have a cyberpunk setting. I wish they make some comics or games based on these Variant DC characters.

These edited pictures of Variant Batman and Harley Quinn are now added in their respective reviews so feel free to check and read the review.


I also uploaded the pictures in my deviantART account.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.