.

August 23, 2024

I Bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ (Updated)


I need to be more productive anywhere I go. The easy anwer is to buy a laptop, right? That's true, but my budget is limited and I want a compact and easy to bring device... so I bought a tablet. This tablet is the Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+.


I got a nice big paper bag from Samsung. Inside is the tablet itself and its freebie accessory.


Here's the box of the tablet and it's small. Inside the box is the Galaxy Tab A9+, USB-C to USB-C charging/connecting cable and SIM card ejector tray. No charger and that's lame.

Here are the basic specs of this tablet:
- Graphite color
- WiFi only
- Snapdragon 695 5G Octa-core CPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128 GB internal storage (expandable up to 1 TB via micro SD card)
- 11 inch 90Hz refresh rate adaptive display
- 4x speakers (Dolby Atmos)
- Headphone jack

I got the WiFi only model, because it's cheaper and I can just use my Galaxy S21 Ultra as a WiFi hotspot to access the internet on the tablet.


The freebie that I got from Samsung is this keyboard cover for the Tab A9+ It's an awesome freebie and a sweet deal because it's worth $100.00 (approx. Php. 5,000.00). This is a limited freebie as a promo for the release of this keyboard.


I didn't take the photos of the tablet and keyboard separately. But I'm preparing an unboxing video, I just hope I finish it soon and upload the video on YouTube.

[Update 09.11.2024] I made a post that I uploaded the unboxing video on YouTube.


This is what the tablet looks like when it's attached to the magnetic pins on the keyboard. It looks like a laptop. The keyboard feels nice to type on. The keys are nicely spaced and it got a dedicated DeX button to switch the look of the tablet to more like a desktop PC. What I don't like on this keyboard is that it doesn't have a backlight and no light indicator if the Caps Lock key is activated.


I bought a cheap active stylus from Shopee. Because the Galaxy Tab A9+ doesn't have S Pen support. This stylus kinda sucks, but it's good enough for note taking and making some sketches. There are better active styluses that I want to try on this tablet but some of them are expensive. I bought my S21 Ultra its official S Pen recently and the writing and drawing experience on that one is amazing. Still, this cheap stylus shall suffice for this tablet.


So, why I bought this Galaxy Tab A9+? Here are the reasons:
- It's cheaper
- 11 inch 90hz screen
- Dedicated official keyboard cover
- Samsung DeX
- It gets the job done

Samsung Dex is a desktop like interface that looks similar to Windows where you can easily multitask using multiple opened apps that are windowed and resizable (this is where the 8GB RAM is important). It's a feature that I always like that's exclusive to the Galaxy S series of Samsung's smartphones and tablets. If I remember correctly, there's an A series phone that have DeX, I think it's the A90. The next tablet after the A9+ performance-wise is the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (2024), next is the Galaxy Tab S9 FE.

I've been using this Galaxy Tab A9+ for a month now, trying everything it can do and knowing its limitations. This tablet serves me really well. I made the Potato Corner post using this tablet. The photos are taken for that post came from the S21 Ultra and are edited here on the tablet using the Photopea web app and my Photoshop templates. This post about this tablet is written using this tablet, but the photos are from my Canon 7D and are edited using my PC. I haven't tried video editing on this tablet, but I think it's way better than my old laptop.

I'll say, my productivity rate increased because I can now write my blog anywhere. If I'm at home, I can use my PC and Canon 7D for photography and editing. The blog writing part became flexible because it can now be done anywhere. This tablet is a great companion device for my S21 Ultra too.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.