.

May 21, 2022

Fan Art: Poison Ivy (Original Design)


I made a new sketch! I recently watched some clips related to DC comics and animations. And I saw a clip of Poison Ivy (The Long Halloween). I like that version of Poison Ivy, reminds me of her BTAS and other older versions. Then something popped in my head, I suddenly have a surge of creativity and inspiration to draw. And this is the result: A fan art of Poison Ivy with some of my design touches.

I drew and designed this Poison Ivy consciously and subconsciously. What I mean is that I "consciously" looked up some of her artwork (original and fan art) and "subconsciously" applied some design inspirations by memory. My version of Poison Ivy is a mix of those inspirations.
 

Poison Ivy is kinda easy to design because she's wearing basically plant-life that she can grow, shape and transform by using her powers . Her plant-suit is based on the Arkham Series with some mix from a high fantasy dryad look. Her face and hair is based on my art style and I put some roots, stems, leaves and flowers around her body. There are some of my unique design and quirks added in this drawing.

I also added two big and deadly plants beside her. One is a huge venus fly trap and the other is a poison spitting flower bulb. And she's standing on a huge flower, this image is cropped but you can partially see it.

This is a sketch using only a pencil and a paper. I scanned it so that I can digitally trace and color it later. I don't know how that will turn out.

I still have some new sketches lying around. I will scan them too so that I can post it here.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.