.

February 19, 2021

[Toy Review] AVENGER JEANNE D'ARC (ALTER) - Fate Grand Order Petitrits Model Kit (Painted)


I finished building and painting my fourth Petitrits model kit. She's the Alter (or dark/evil) version of Jeanne d'Arc from Fate Grand Order. She's an Avenger class. I haven't played the game or watched the anime but her design looks good.

"My hatred, my resentment...
Shall I make you know how it feels?"
~ Avenger Jeanne d'Arc (Alter) ~

PACKAGING

Box top

The topside of the box shows a large artwork of Jeanne on a purple background. Looks nice.

Box bottom

The bottom of the box shows nothing...

One side of the box

The sides of the box have lots of product shots and artwork of the finished kit.

Time to build!

Packaging includes:
- 2x runners
- 1x Sticker sheet
- Instruction manual

Recommended tools:
- Nippers
- Scissors/X-Acto knife (or something similar)
- Sand paper
- Masking/modeling tape
- Paint, thinners and paintbrushes/air brush/spray paints (optional)

Be careful when you use model kit building tools. If you're a kid, have a parent or older sibling to assist you while building Gunpla or any model kits. And read the instructions properly to avoid building errors that might result to broken parts/pieces.

THE BUILD/FIGURE

Looking at Jeanne on different angles.

This is a painted version of Jeanne. I painted this kit to have almost accurate colors and I don't want to use lots of stickers. Overall I think I made a good job on painting this kit. The unpainted kit looks really good but it will look better if some parts are painted. The color scheme make me like the Alter version of Jeanne more than the original.

Cute evil smile.

She's smiling and it looks cute. I only used the stickers for the eyes. The stickers looks good and sticks well on the kit. The skin have matte top coat and the grayish hair have a mix of gloss and matte coats.

Ahoge!

She have an ahoge (silly hair/single strand of hair that's raised). Looks nice.

Jeanne's headpiece

She's wearing what I think looks like a tiara or headpiece. It got nice design. I painted this part with gloss top coat.

Jeanne's garb (front)

Jeanne (Alter) have very nice character design and looks similar to her original counterpart. She have a mix of cloth and armor pieces in her design. The Alter version have tattered clothing with blood red hue at the bottom. I painted the cloth parts with matte with red hues. The armored parts are just painted with gloss top coat.

Jeanne's garb (back)

The back shows more of Jeanne's tattered clothing.

Chest chains

She have a chain on her chest area. It looks good and detailed. I painted this part with gloss coat. If you look closer on the tattered clothes, there are linings that I painted with black color.

Waist armor

The armor on her lower abdomen looks pretty simple and got some details.

Jeanne's arm

The design of both arms are mirrored. The tattered sleeves have some minor details and the armor parts looks good and detailed. They kinda help hide the articulation points.

Waist armor plate (left)

There are side armor on the left and right areas of the waist armor. They have some nice details.

Waist armor plate (right) and left view of the tattered skirt

Giving the side armor a gloss top coat brings out some of the details better.

Tattered skirt (front)

Her tattered skirt looks really good, but no stickers were provided for its 3 parts. It looks even better when it's painted. I also painted the linings with black paint. But there are some extra black paint that leaked under the masking tape.

Tattered skirt (back)

By the way I also painted the underside of the skirt for character design and color accuracy and consistency.

The sheath's strap

Jeanne (Alter) have a sword sheath that's tied to a black strap. It's a floating piece. I painted the strap black the buttons (or rivets) are painted metallic silver.

The sheath

This is the sheath. It's just one color when unpainted so I painted it with purple. I also painted the strap with black paint and metallic silver in some parts. I made an error at the bottom end of the sheath, I used too much silver.

Jeanne's legs and feet.

Jeanne's legs have a long black socks and an armored heeled sandals.

ACCESSORIES/OPTIONAL PARTS

Jeanne (Alter) only have three pieces for her accessories.

Jeanne's equipment

That's all she got. She could have used more interchangeable faceplates and hands.

Flag (front)

The spear/flag pole is split in two pieces. This is the upper part. The instructions suggests that I should paint the flag with grayish color. I painted it instead with metallic silver with a matte top coat. I want the flag to have satin-like look and it looks nice when the light hits the flag. I use the stickers for the flag's emblems.

Flag (back)

This is the back side of the flag. By the way I painted the string parts of the flag with black paint, the shaft with purple paint and the tip/metal parts with gloss topcoat.

Spear/flag pole lower part

This is the lower half of the spear/flag pole. I painted the shaft with purple paint and the bottom end with just a gloss topcoat.

Spear/flag pole complete

This is the spear/flag pole when you put the upper and lower part. It's really long and taller than Jeanne (Alter). It looks really nice and really hard to paint for me.

Sword

I don't know the name of Jeanne's sword in FGO but the real Jeanne d'Arc have a sword named "Sword of St. Catherine de Fierbois". Anyway this sword is just one color so I painted it. Now it looks much better. I also like how the sword looks.

Jeanne's (Alter) display base

Jeanne (Alter) have unique translucent red display base. At first, I thought it's the same as Caster Nero Claudius' base, but Jeanne's have more aggressive waves. This base also have a leg clamp for the figure.

ARTICULATIONS

Jeanne (Alter) is taunting.

This kit have limited articulation because this is a Petitrits model kit. Some articulations are restricted because of Jeanne's character design.

Holding her sword.

The head can turn around without any problems. It look up/down and tilt left/right really well.

Jeanne's hero/villain pose.

The arms are on a ball-joint and can fully rotate. It can go up sideways well. The it got hidden bicep swivel the elbows are hinged and can move less than 90 degrees because of the elbow armor. The hands can only swivel.

Raising her sword.

The legs are on a ball-joint but their movement is really limited because of the skirt.

Sword and flag pole defensive stance.

The feet have ball-joints. They can move side to side really well and can pivot at bit.

SCALING

Fate Grand Order girls

Avenger Jeanne d'Arc (Alter) and Shielder Mash Kyrielight have the same height while Saber Okita Souji and Caster Nero Claudius are shorter.

QUALITY ISSUES

No warped, broken and missing pieces on the runners.

CONCLUSION

The Petitrits model kit of Jeanne d'Arc alter is probably my most favorite kit I ever built, next to Saber Okita Souji. I spent more time and care in painting this kit and I'm very pleased and happy at the end result. This cheaply priced model kit now looks like an expensive figure. She have few accessories/optional parts and some of her articulations are limited, but that's okay. Like I said, this is a cheap model kit and it's up to you to make it look even better. If you're a fan of the Fate anime and game series then get this kit.


She looks like a tough opponent to beat.

This kit really looks good when painted and display it with good ambient lighting.

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.