.

June 12, 2017

So I Watched Wonder Woman


I was excited to watch the Wonder Woman movie that I watched it on its first week of showing. Well, because I heard that this movie is good and this is the first live action WW movie that I watched. BTW I also watched the awesome animated WW movie. This movie is part of DC's cinematic universe that includes Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad and the upcoming Justice League.

This is Wonder Woman's origin story. It's faithful to the original material, from how Diana (Wonder Woman) was born to the history of the Amazons and how Steve Trevor arrived in Obscura (the unseen home of the Amazon). Oh yes, this movie is set during World War I. This is just a speculation, I think they mixed the animated movie and the special episode in Justice League Unlimited where Wonder Woman (with other JL members) went back in time to stop the war led by Vandal Savage (WWII period).

The story have kinda slow pacing, but there are lots of cool and awesome action scenes that felt short because it's fun to watch. You know what they say: "Time goes fast when you're having fun". Wonder Woman is an innocent young woman to the outside world in this movie, so there are some awkwardly funny scenes in this movie as well. The action scenes are well choreographed and felt reminiscent to Batman's way of disposing Luthor's thugs in BvS. It's fast paced and you can see the action, and there are some slow motion in these scenes too.

As for the casts' acting... they're pretty good, no complaints there. Gal Gadot is really good playing as Wonder Woman, but she still lacks some muscles. Chris Pine is also good in portraying Steve Trevor, speaking of Steve, why is he not a womanizer? I guess being a womanizer in the, starting to get really good DC cinematic universe, will complicate things a bit.

The music is very fitting to the movie and overall, it's great. The music sounded like 300's during some fight and epic scenes. The effects are simple enough which I prefer for a movie that is set during the old Great War, but there are some awkward animation in some parts especially near the end.

Yes! The Wonder Woman movie is pretty good. I'm glad DC and Warner Bros. pulled this one off and gave Wonder Woman a movie she deserves. To be honest I can see that they're playing it safe in this movie, they really don't want to mess this up. I definitely recommend this especially if you've already watched all of DC's movies so far.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.